Download executable bundles of the GnuCash program inclusive documentation or the source files here. Several versions are available for recent and older operating systems.
Stable release (4.5)
A stable release is a version of GnuCash that is well tested and considered appropriate for every day use.
The latest stable release of GnuCash is 4.5. Choose the download for your operating system below.
Most linux distributions come bundled with a version of GnuCash, though it's not always the most recent version and it may not have been installed by default. Still it is recommended to use the GnuCash version that comes with your distribution.
Below are ways to install GnuCash on some of the more popular distributions:
- Fedora: Fedora users can install GnuCash through System->Administration->Add/Remove Software (Gnome) or Applications->System->Software Management (KDE).
- Mandriva: Mandriva users can install GnuCash through the Software Management in the Mandriva Linux Control Center.
- Redhat/Centos: Redhat and CentOS don't have GnuCash in their repositories by default. It can be installed however from the third-party Epel repository. For more details on configuring this additional software repository for your setup, see Epel's wiki page.
- Solus: Solus users can install GnuCash through the Software Center (Office Software -> Financial Software -> gnucash).
- Ubuntu: Ubuntu users can install GnuCash through the Software Center. This will install GnuCash under the Office category in the Applications menu.
Flatpaks are bundles, which contain beneath the program also all required libraries. If your distribution is too old, to offer all required libraries, but has the package Flatpak, you can install a recent version of GnuCash from
If your distro doesn't ship with GnuCash or you wish to install a different version than it ships with, you could try to build GnuCash directly from the source code. The GnuCash wiki has guidelines for several distributions.
- bzip2 compressed tarball for GnuCash 4.5
Old Stable release (3.11)
This old stable release is the final version of the previous stable series. It's available for users who aren't ready for a major upgrade but want to make sure that they have all of the bugfixes from the old series.
The last old stable release of GnuCash is 3.11. Choose the download for your operating system below.
- GnuCash 3.11 for Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- GnuCash 3.11 for Apple OS X >= 10.9 "Mavericks" (Intel PC)
- bzip2 compressed tarball for GnuCash 3.11
Latest versions for historical operating systems
This versions are really old. Do not expect any support.
- GnuCash 2.6.21 for
- GnuCash 2.2.9 for Microsoft Windows 2000